- Abstracts should cover the objectives, procedures, results and conclusions of the research and should be no more than 2,500 characters in length including spaces and punctuation. The title, authors, and authors’ affiliations are not included in the character limit. Abstracts are text-only and may not include figures.
- Titles are required—they should be brief and state the topic.
- Abstract titles should not include company names.
- The award-eligible AAPG and SEPM Student Research Poster sessions can accommodate a limited number of presentations. Additional highly scored abstracts submitted to these sessions will be placed in additional student poster sessions as space is available. Students are encouraged to submit to any technical session if they do not wish to submit to the student poster sessions.
- If your abstract requires company approval, please start the process immediately. The deadline of 20 February 2020 cannot be extended.
- In keeping with the spirit of the convention, presenters must refrain from making subtle or blatant sales pitches including but not limited to: repeated use of product names, trade names, or pictures, or repeated use of company logo.
- Evaluation and ranking of abstracts are based on relevance and timeliness of subject matter; usefulness of contribution to the advancement of knowledge, techniques, or practice; and overall clarity, organization, and presentation of ideas. The Technical Program Committee is seeking abstracts with direct application to industry.
- Sessions will be determined from the abstracts submitted to each theme. Sub-themes may not directly correspond to sessions in the final program.
- Submit your abstract in the form in which you would like it published. Abstracts will not be edited.
- Authors will be notified of acceptance or rejection in late March 2020.
- Authors of accepted abstracts will have the option to submit an extended version of their abstract which will then be made available to conference attendees as part of a digital download. If no extended abstract is submitted, the original short abstract will be included in the download instead.
- Authors are invited to have their work, both oral and poster presentations, published on AAPG’s online Search and Discovery to preserve their work for future reference.
- Posters will be presented in half-day sessions. The poster booth will consist of one (4’ x 8’) panel.
Important: AAPG has no funding for speakers. Do not submit an abstract unless at least one author is certain to attend the convention. All session chairs, speakers, and poster presenters must register to attend the convention — no exceptions.
Abstracts for all sessions should be submitted online. If you cannot submit your abstract online, please contact our technical programs coordinators.
The AAPG Executive Committee has established that presenters who fail to show up for their scheduled presentations without notifying AAPG of their cancellation at least five weeks in advance of the start of the program will not be allowed to present papers or posters at any AAPG-sponsored technical meeting for a term of three (3) years.
Permission for AAPG to publish your abstract and extended abstract is implied when you submit your paper for consideration to the 2020 International Conference & Exhibition.